Ancient Chinese Series Sub-titled in English

Live action series from China with a very anime vibe ready for consumption

I grew up watching various badly dubbed king-fu shows and movies on early Saturday and Sunday mornings. These shows along with series such as Robotech, Transformers, Galaxy Rangers, Voltron, Silver Hawks, Thundercats, (need I continue?) helped create my love for anime and manga that took off as an adult. Now at the tender age of ‘none of your business’ I’ve been introduced to yet another brand of live action cinema that merges those kung-fu flicks with anime themes.

These Ancient Chinese Series touch on many of the same themes and core elements that many anime, even US cartoons touch on with good vs. evil, fantasy epics and sci-fi galore. I would be doing a disservice if I did not share something so enjoyable that is so close to what I love, to what I started this blog about. The trailer below shows off some nice highlights so make your own decision. Here are some of the series that have been shared with me, would love to hear what you think.